Peace and Love Amplifiers Podcast
Do you know anyone that is transgender? Whether you have someone in your life that is trans or not, it is important to educate yourself on how to be an ally for the transgender community.
In today’s episode, I am joined by mother/daughter duo Bridget Sampson and Jackie Thornhill of the Transgender School. When Jackie came out to Bridget as a transgender woman, it did not go as well as it could have. Bridget slowly began to become more comfortable with Jackie’s transitioning and has since become an ally and advocate for the transgender community. Together, Bridget and Jackie have created The Transgender School to help educate more people about how to support transgender people in their lives.
Tune in to Episode 21 of Peace and Love Amplifiers to learn how Jackie and Bridget’s relationship has evolved since Jackie came out, why they started the Transgender School, the tools they recommend to be an ally, and more!
In This Episode You Will Learn
- Jackie’s story of coming out (3:00)
- How the Transgender School came to be (4:16)
- Calls to action that listeners can take (15:15)
- About the courses the Transgender School provides (21:00)
- To continue to spread unconditional love (25:58)
Connect with The Transgender School
- Free Zoom Webinar: Three Things to know about Transgender People
- Transgender School Website
- Transgender School Facebook Community