Are you currently taking care of a relative? Or have you had this experience in the past? Either way, I know it’s not easy, especially because caregivers find it hard often to ask for help. Caregiver breakdowns are real and there are a few factors that contribute to reaching such a state of mind.
Being a caregiver and peacemaker is something that is innate for me. However, it is also difficult for me to understand where to create boundaries when it comes to giving too much. It is so important for caregivers to remember to not let others take advantage of them and for them to stay resilient.
In this episode, I explain what caused me to have a caregiver breakdown last week, what overcare means, and the importance of boundaries as a caregiver.
Tune in to Episode 7 of Peace and Love Amplifiers!
In This Episode You Will Learn
- What caused me to “lose my shit” last week (1:30)
- Why it’s hard for caregivers to ask for help (6:03)
- What happens when having a ‘caregiver breakdown’ (8:53)
- That it is possible to fall victim to overcare as a caregiver (12:23)
- The importance of caregivers to stay resilient (18:28)
- Take the AARP Caregiver quiz
- HeartMath Caregiver Research Study
- Brene Brown video
- Brene Brown The Gifts of Imperfection